Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Through The Storm

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Near Mt. Rainier in Washington

Through The Storm

Upon the horizon I saw a storm rise.
Soon dark brooding clouds hid the sun from my eyes.
I knew the dark clouds meant a snow storm ahead.
Though I knew God was with me, yet still I felt dread.

I soon found myself in the midst of thick snow,
And I could not decide the way I should go.
I needed to travel on down the road I first chose,
But should I keep on through the wet, blinding snow?

I could not turn back, of this I was sure.
I decided to press on though my way seemed obscure.
The storm then grew worse, and snow hid my way.
I wondered how far before I'd see light of day.

No words can express my joyous delight
As I came through the storm to the sun shining bright.
I basked in the light of the sun high above,
And then I reflected on God's grace and love.

God leads us safely through the storms of our life.
He's constantly with us through sorrow and strife.
Just as surely as God brought me through the fierce snow,
He's there when the storms of life buffet and blow.

Now, whenever the clouds of life gather ahead
I know I need never to feel fear nor dread.
I passed through the storm to the full light of day
With Jesus beside me guiding the way.

Copyright 1991 by Sharon Day

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger LSqrd said...

Really great stuff here, Sharon!! I really enjoyed your posts! I'll look forward to seeing more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home