Monday, January 02, 2006

Beside The Glistening Sea

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tropical Illusions

I intend my blog to be scripture oriented for the most part but I love seashells so I thought I'd begin the year with a favorite image of a couple of seashells I recently took. This shot was taken indoors but hopefully the atmosphere is reminiscent of the beach.

Beside The Glistening Sea

I'm awed by mountain splendor,
But I truly love the sea.
So when I'm on vacation
It's where I choose to be.
Warm gentle breezes blowing,
Breaking waves wash on the sand.
Sea gulls dance around me
While by the sea I stand.
Fragile shells in pastel hues
Strewn on the sandy shore,
Reminders why I love to be
Beside the sea once more.
Assorted shells and driftwood
Then travel home with me.
Small treasures of vacation
Beside the glistening sea.

Copyright 1997 by Sharon Day

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger LSqrd said...

WOW!! Love that shell-shot, Sharon!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Laura Clay Ballard said...

Sharon, this is exceptional. The poem and the photo. This is exactly how I feel, and, am drawn to the water:

I'm awed by mountain splendor,
But I truly love the sea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home